Cream Cheese & Peach Pie
Pie base ( 9")
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup ice water
250gm cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup castor sugar
1. In a large bowl , combine flour & salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time until mixture forms a ball. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour or longer.
2. Roll dough out to fit a 9" pie plate. Place crust in a pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom & sides of the pie plate.
3. Preheat oven to 220'C.
4. Combine the cream cheese & sugar. Add in the egg followed by vanilla essence. Mix well.
5. Pour the filling into the pie shell.
6. Arrange peach slices on top.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 200'C. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle Almond flakes on top. Bake until brownish.
Since we all balik kg on saturday after attending 2 weddings, we brought the pie along with us. They managed to finish off the pie within 5 minutes! That good huh? No lah.. actually yang makan tu ramai sangat tu le yang cepat habis..:-) Alysa managed to eat 1 slice only.
Back at kg, baby melalak everytime Nyang( Great grandmother for Kedahans) or Tok Ayah tried to play with her. Actually, I noticed for quite some time that she's afraid of old people. With kids , teenagers & adults, she's okay. Susah betul la orang2 tua nak dekat. Tapi dengan tok dia ok pulak.