The last week or so, I was soo lazy to blog. Busy pun busy gak. Masuk 2010 ni, Baby pun dah pandai jalan eventhough tak cekap lagi. She started to practice to walk since we were in Jakarta in November. That was when she took her first step. Tapi dia punya pace nak berjalan punya le lambat. It took her over a month to finally walk confidently. Tu belum ajar jalan pakai kasut. Confirm tak reti punya..:D. She also loves to kiss us. Kalau kiss tu mesti bunyi 'hhmmuah'. :-)
Last week Alysa & Ayra showed their talent in drawing graffiti. While I was taking a nap in the tv area, they were doing their stuff in their room. Initially they were watching 'The Bee' in their room ( which they watched over & over everyday!!). During dinner, while looking into their room, I noticed drawings all over the walls. All 4 walls! Adoi...kena le papa buat projek mengecat bilik the princesses lepas ni. The best part, when we asked who did it, 2-2 tak mengaku. Tapi tgk drawings tu mcm tak percaya je diorang lukis. Kira ok le for 3 & 4 y.o kids. Tak tahu le pulak diorang ada bakat terpendam. Tapi, bila I puji cantiknya drawing tu, baru Alysa mengaku dia yang lukis. She then explained that she drew Tom & Jerry ( Another current fav..), The Bee, & Special Agent Oso.( Also her fav). Of all the books that I bought them, she chose to draw on the walls. *Sigh*..
Baby posing with the artwork by Kakak
Last weekend we celebrated kak & Izzati's bday. I made ' Lemon Frosting Lemon Cake'. A recipe I got on the net. Quite okay & refreshing.
Lemon Frosted Lemon Cake
Ingredients: ( 9")
200gm castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla
zest of 1 large lemon
280gm all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
60ml fresh lemon juice
1. Cream the butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla & lemon zest.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder & salt. Then add to the batter along with the lemon juice. Mix only until incorporated.
4. Pour the batter into a prepared pan. Bake for 50 min at 180C.
115gm icing sugar
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1. Combine the icing sugar & the lemon juice.
2. Pour the frosting over the top of the cake allowing the icing to drip down the sides. Let the icing set.